Please introduce LKK Health Products Group and its business portfolio.
LKK Health Products Group (LKKHPG) is a member of Lee Kum Kee Group, a century-old Hong Kong enterprise. Headquartered in Hong Kong, LKKHPG is a modern and diversified business group that specializes in R&D, production, sales and services of Chinese herbal health products; TCM plantation management and sales of raw Chinese medicinal materials; mobile internet platform and related products and services; and property investment. As of 30 June 2016, LKKHPG had approximately 4,800 employees.
Members of LKK Health Products Group include Infinitus (China) Company Ltd., Infinitus (Hong Kong) Company Ltd., Infinitus International Company Ltd., Infinitus International (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd., Infinitus Health Products (Singapore) Pte Ltd., Infinitus Innovations (Canada) Inc., Naturale (China) Pharma Co., Ltd, HeHa Digital Health Ltd. and Infinitus Property Investment (Hong Kong) Limited.
What is LKK Health Products Group's corporate culture?
LKK Health Products Group boasts a unique corporate culture, which incorporates the core values of "Si Li Ji Ren", the "Autopilot Leadership Model" and the spirit of "Constant Entrepreneurship".
"Si Li Ji Ren", meaning "the interest of all of us should be considered before taking any action", is the cultural gene of Lee Kum Kee as well as the core values of LKK Health Products Group. "Si Li Ji Ren" includes three core elements:
- Taking a helicopter view: from "I" to “We” mindset.
- Thinking from others' perspectives: thinking from the angles of others and the whole picture instead of only focusing on "me".
- Caring about others' feelings: making others feel respected and winning their recognition and engagement.
What is the "Autopilot Leadership Model"?
The "Autopilot Leadership Model" is a management model initiated by LKK Health Products Group with the objectives of creating a "feel good" atmosphere in the Company to unleash the staff’s potential, so as to attract more talents and guarantee the long-term success of the Company.
The Model includes six elements, namely, selecting the right talents, creating a high trust environment, developing a highly effective team, focusing on the shared vision, facilitating employee empowerment, providing effective coaching to talents.
What is "Constant Entrepreneurship"?
"Constant Entrepreneurship" is the spirit of Lee Kum Kee Group. LKK Health Products Group has enriched it to include four aspects:
- Break through and innovate
- Never assign limits
- Be benefit-oriented
Please introduce the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness.
On 22 April 2016, the Lee Kum Kee Family donated USD 21 million (more than HKD 162 million) to establish the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness (hereinafter referred to as the "Center") at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. On 11 May 2016, the Center was officially opened at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, with two permanent positions as the Lee Kum Kee professor.
The Center will bring an interdisciplinary approach to happiness and health, support the identification of psychological, social, and emotional strengths and assets that may protect against some diseases and to explore and understand the interplay between positive psychological well-being and physical health.
Also the Center will develop a measurement instrument -- a positive psychological well-being index, or "happiness index" -- that can assess psychological well-being in a systematic and scientifically sound manner. The goal of the Center is to bring about enlightened public policies and public health programs that can affect the health of large numbers of people, as well as set new priorities in medical practice and personal behaviors that can help individuals live longer, healthier lives.
Please introduce the Si Li Ji Ren Foundation.
Approved by the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China, the Si Li Ji Ren Foundation was officially launched on 10 December 2012. It is a non-public offering foundation established with a seed fund of RMB 20 million donated by Infinitus (China) Company Ltd., a member of LKK Health Products Group. It is committed to carrying forward the core values of "Si Li Ji Ren" by focusing on public health, maximizing charitable resources and promoting the harmony and progress of society. The Foundation is active in the following areas:
- Public health – The Foundation supports health-related programmes and projects, in order to help people achieve a fulfilled and healthy life featuring "Tri-Balance" (the balance among health, family and business), "Tri-Affluence" (the affluence of time, wealth and spiritual life), and "Tri-Harmony" (the harmony among individual, community and society).
- Poverty alleviation and education support – The Foundation supports teenagers' education and other related projects in poverty-stricken areas.
- Empowering vulnerable groups and disaster relief – The Foundation helps the vulnerable groups and engages in disaster relief.
From 2013, championing the core values of "Si Li Ji Ren", the Foundation has successively launched several charity programmes including the "Si Li Ji Ren Education Dream Support Programme", "Infinitus Police Health Improvement Fund", "Infinitus Life Nurturing Walking Day" and so on. Since its inception, the Si Li Ji Ren Foundation has donated over RMB 28 million.
How much has LKK Health Products Group donated in cash and supplies?
As of 30 June 2016, LKK Health Products Group had donated cash and supplies worth over RMB 180 million.
Please introduce Infinitus.
"Infinitus" is the core brand of LKK Health Products Group and currently has six member companies affiliated to this brand:
- Infinitus (China) Company Ltd., founded in 1992 and headquartered in Guangzhou, focuses on R&D, production, sales and services of Chinese herbal health products. As of 30 June 2016, Infinitus (China) Company Ltd. had set up 36 branches and 29 service centres, with over 6,400 exclusive stores on the Chinese mainland.
- Infinitus (Hong Kong) Company Ltd., founded in 2010 and headquartered in Hong Kong, focuses on Chinese herbal health products.
- Infinitus International Company Ltd., founded in 2010 and headquartered in Taipei, focuses on Chinese herbal health products.
- Infinitus International (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd., founded in 2010 and headquartered in Selangor, Malaysia, focuses on Chinese herbal health products.
- Infinitus Health Products (Singapore) Pte Ltd., founded in 2016, focuses on Chinese herbal health products via Unique Digital Direct Selling Model for market development and service.
- Infinitus Innovations (Canada) Inc., founded in 2016, focuses on Chinese herbal health products via Unique Digital Direct Selling Model for market development and service.
What is Infinitus' mission?
Advocating the premium Chinese health regimen and nurturing healthier lives with balance, affluence and harmony.
What is the health philosophy of Infinitus?
Infinitus creates a unique health philosophy of "promoting healthy life through life nurturing and vitality assurance". Such philosophy is derived from the premium Chinese health regimen that spans two thousand years. Detailed content of the philosophy is as below:Life nurturing and vitality assurance
- 3 Restorations: nourishing and regulation of Qi vitality, Yin & Yang, and Zang-Fu (literally means "inner organs").
- 4 Habits: diet, rest, exercise and emotion.
- Keep a rational diet – have balanced and regular diet with the right amount and temperature.
- Keep a rational rest –sleep properly, balance work and rest and live a regular life.
- Keep rational exercise – exercise regularly and persistently with a tailored plan.
- Keep rational emotions - maintain a peaceful mind, develop benign hobbies and adopt good habits.Healthy life
- Tri- Balance: The balance among health, family and business.
- Tri- Affluence: The affluence of time, wealth and spiritual life.
- Tri- Harmony: The harmony among individual, community and society.
What is the brand value of Infinitus?
The brand value of Infinitus was rated at RMB 36.889 billion by the World Brand Lab, ranking 46th in "China's 500 Most Valuable Brands" in 2014.
Please introduce Infinitus Production Bases.
Infinitus currently has two production bases on the Chinese mainland. By 2019, Infinitus' annual product supply capacity will exceed RMB 50 billion.
Xinhui Production Base: The Base is located in Jiangmen, Guangdong Province. Infinitus has invested over RMB 3 billion in setting up the Base of about 200,000 square metres (300 mu), including a manufacturing complex, Infinitus Product Inspection Centre, Infinitus Health Maintenance Experience Centre, Infinitus Chinese Herbal Garden and Infinitus University. The Base has been certified to ISO9001:2008, GB/T 22000-2006/ISO22000:2005, HACCP and GMP (for health food). Infinitus Product Inspection Centre is equipped with an ISO/IEC 17025 certified lab management system and is certified and accredited by China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS) as "Laboratory of National Accreditation ".
Yingkou Production Base: The Base is located in Yingkou, Liaoning Province, and covers an area of about 350,000 square metres (500 mu) with a total investment of RMB 1.5 billion for the initial phase. It mainly includes a manufacturing complex, a technology centre, an exhibition hall for visitors, and Infinitus University (Yingkou). The Base has been certified to ISO9001:2008, ISO22000:2005, FSSC22000:2013, HACCP and GMP (for health food).
How many products does Infinitus have?
As of 30 June 2016 on the Chinese mainland, Infinitus had 124 products (excluding water purifying machine filters and related accessories), produced in 5 categories and marketed under 6 brands, including Infinitus health food, Beautrio skin care products, Vitabelle skin care products, Phytocare personal care products, Homemate household products and BeneLife life-nurturing products.
As of 30 June 2016, 5 series under 5 brands were sold in overseas markets, including Infinitus health food, Beautrio skin care products, Phytocare personal care products, Homemate household products and BeneLife life-nurturing products.
What are the features of Infinitus' products?
The premium-quality Infinitus Chinese herbal health products are developed with modern technologies and guided by both TCM and leading international scientific theories.
What are the features of the product quality management of Infinitus?
The product quality management of Infinitus is guided by the Company’s corporate culture and based on the Outstanding Supply Chain Management Model. It aims to build a comprehensive quality safety management system covering the whole industry chain through internal optimization and external synergy. Infinitus strives to build a culture of shared responsibility for good quality and make premium products with sincerity so as to improve customer experience and create value for them. Such a quality management model can effectively drive the Company to grow in scale and scope, establishing itself as the benchmark of the industry for product quality.
The Outstanding Supply Chain Management Model puts customers at its core and the pursuance of highest quality control and maximum profit as its main goal. Each link of the Model must coordinate with each other and play their respective roles to ensure the integrity, compatibility and effectiveness of the chain. Only in this way can the win-win outcome between the Company and the community be realized.
Infinitus' concept of product quality: consumer-orientation, compliance with laws and regulations, precaution with control throughout the process and scoring 100% for quality.
Please introduce Infinitus' product quality inspection capability.
- Product quality inspection is an important method to monitor and evaluate product quality.
- Infinitus has spent over RMB 100 million on equipment, personnel training, standardization and information system.
- Infinitus boasts a professional team of analysts and inspectors from highly relevant and mutually-complementary academic areas, including Chinese Medicine, Analytical Chemistry, Food Engineering, Bioscience, Microorganism and Packing Materials.
- Infinitus Product Inspection Centre is accredited by CNAS, capable of inspecting 70 ingredients, testing for over 100 safety index, and identifying over 20 microorganism indicators, and more than 300 physical and chemical indicators. Therefore, its inspection results are acknowledged by 61 countries and areas around the world as being independent, reliable and authoritative. The Inspection Centre was certified by FAPAS for proficiency testing on heavy metals in 2012, approved by CNAS with extended approval list in 2013 and 2015, and designated as the Filing and Inspection Institutes for Non-Special Domestic Cosmetics in 2014.
- In 2015, Infinitus (China) Company Ltd. officially received the certificate of FSSC22000:2013 from United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) after being examined and recommended by SGS, a third-party quality certification organization.
- Since 2013, the Inspection Centre has participated in 26 capacity tests and 7 audit examinations, conducted by authoritative third parties like CNAS and FAPAS. All the 66 detecting parameters have passed tests with satisfactory results, covering the areas of food detection in terms of microorganism, nutrition facts, heavy metal, pesticide residue, effective component as well as physical and chemical indicators and cosmetic detection in terms of chemical analysis, heavy metal and so on. Such results demonstrate that the inspection competence of Infinitus in above fields has reached the international advanced level.
Please introduce Infinitus' R&D strengths.
- Infinitus has the largest R&D group working on Chinese herbal health products on the Chinese mainland. The team comprises doctors, masters and professionals from various disciplines and sectors.
- Infinitus invests hundreds of millions of RMB every year in product research and development, as well as technical upgrading. It has joined forces with authoritative global research institutions and universities, including University of Cambridge, Stanford University, Cornell University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Peking University Health Science Centre, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Oilcrops Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Institute of Biophysics of Chinese Academy of Sciences, South China University of Technology, Beijing Technology and Business University and Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. Currently, Infinitus owns a number of core independent intellectual property rights and leads in the research of compound polysaccharides technology.
- Infinitus has a unique R&D system: combining one centre (Infinitus R&D Centre), eight technical platforms and many industrial specialists.
- Infinitus has an "Infinitus Scientific Advisory Board" that consists of 13 senior professors from renowned colleges home and abroad.
What scientific research platforms does Infinitus have?
Infinitus has eight technical platforms:
- Hong Kong Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Centre - co-established with Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 1996.
- Infinitus Chinese Herbal Immunity Research Centre - co-established with Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine in 2007.
- Joint Laboratory for the Research of Chinese Herbal Polysaccharides - Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica and Infinitus: co-established with Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica in 2009.
- Beautrio International Skincare Research Centre: co-established with Beijing Technology and Business University and I&D Company (former Derma Development) in 2010.
- Infinitus Bioactive Peptides Research Centre: established in 2013 and comprising the Joint Laboratory of Infinitus and South China University of Technology, and the Joint Laboratory of Infinitus and Guangdong Pharmaceutical University.
- Cambridge Infinitus Research Centre - jointly established by Infinitus (China) Company Ltd. and the University of Cambridge in 2015.
- Joint Laboratory for the Research of Functional Lipids – Oil Crops Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences and Infinitus - co-established by Infinitus (China) Company Ltd. and the Oil Crops Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences in 2016.
- Joint Laboratory for the Research of Chinese Herbal Quality- China Academy of Chinese Medical Science’s National Resource Centre for Chinese Materia and Medica and Infinitus - jointly established by Infinitus (China) Company Ltd. and the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences in 2016.
What proprietary technologies does Infinitus have?
Infinitus has proprietary technologies on Chinese Herbal Polysaccharides, Schizandrin B, Compound Whitening Factor, Active Peptides, Functional Lipids, Herbal Essence, Epidermal Growth Factor, Sapindus Saponins and BeneLife 7-Filter Water Purifier.
How many patents does Infinitus have?
As of 30 June 2016, Infinitus had 452 patents.
What are Infinitus' CSR Commitments?
Infinitus strives to satisfy the needs of its stakeholders. With its unique health philosophy, it is dedicated to providing high-quality Chinese herbal health products and services through focusing on the following six aspects: health, quality, employees, partners, environment and community. Infinitus’ ultimate goal is to help all stakeholders live a balanced, affluent and harmonious life.
Please introduce Naturale (China).
In early 2015, Naturale (China) Pharma Co., Ltd., a member of LKK Health Products Group, was officially founded. It is dedicated to providing high-quality, effective and authentic raw Chinese medicinal ingredients and root slices to create higher value for customers. It specializes in TCM plantation management and sales of raw Chinese medicinal materials.
What is Naturale (China)'s mission?
Advocating the premium Chinese health regimen and ensuring premium raw medicinal materials from the very outset to advance the development of raw Chinese medicinal material industry.
Please introduce Naturale's TCM Plantation Management Model.
Naturale (China) has established quite a few plantation bases of Traditional Chinese Medicine across Chinese mainland. It is able to control the plantation process and trace every segment through modern, normalized and standardized TCM plantation management. Naturale'
s TCM Plantation Management Model is defined as "5+4+3".
- "5" refers to "Five Unifications", consisting of "Plant Variety Unification", "Production Material Unification", "Field Management Unification", "Technological Service Unification", "Repurchase and Processing Unification".
- "4" refers to "Four Innovations", consisting of "Scientific Innovation", "Procedure Innovation", "Organizational Innovation" and "System Innovation". Wherein "Scientific Innovation" could help reduce production cost and make products more competitive and the Model more vibrant.
- "3" refers to "Trinity of Three Systems", meaning the synergies of "Standard Integrated System", "Quality Control System" and "Production Operation System".
Meanwhile, Naturale (China) has created a tracking system named "Tian Yan" (literally means "Eye from the Sky"), enabling partners and consumers to trace the whole process of TCM plantation and understand every detail of the operation of this Model simply by scanning QR code.
What are the major products of Naturale (China)?
In line with its value proposition of "high-quality, effective and authentic" as well as customer demand and market condition, Naturale (China) has implemented its TCM Plantation Management Model by setting up standard plantation bases, enhancing source management and operating the quality management system of the whole industry chain to ensure product quality, safety, efficacy and supply. Naturale (China) mainly provides raw Chinese medicinal ingredients and root slices, including Ganoderma lucidum, Fuling, Morinda officinalis, Tremella, Polygonum multiflorum, Dangshen, Astragalus, etc.
HeHa Digital Health Limited, founded in 2015 and headquartered in Hong Kong, is a member of LKK Health Products Group. It strives to fulfill the mission of "helping people lead a happier life" through establishing a mobile internet platform and providing related products, services and information so as to build up a "Feel Good Community" featuring experience, sharing and interaction.
Helping people lead a happier life.
Please introduce the platform, products and services of HeHa.
HeHa has already launched the HeHa App along with HeHa Dao Health Wristband and HeHa Qi Health Manager, with the aim of helping users manage their health and develop the habit of Daily Walk for 10,000 Steps.
HeHa App is a mobile internet platform which not only delivers health information to users but also attracts them to build a "Feel Good Community", where users are encouraged to share their experiences on health, family, work, friends, life, thinking, etc. Through this, they can improve their living habits and pursue real happiness. The HeHa community members consist of active consumers, opinion leaders and HeHa employees. There are no fixed leaders – each community member can become a leader of their network. By incorporating SNS and game elements into walking, the Community helps users form a healthy habit of Daily Walk for 10,000 Steps.
HeHa Dao Health Wristband is a device that helps users record their daily walking data. By synchronizing walking data with HeHa App, users can share the "Walking Achievements" with families and friends and invite them to form groups to accomplish the goal of Daily Walk for 10,000 Steps.
Synergizing with HeHa App, HeHa Qi Health Manager provides accurate health monitoring index within 2 minutes by HRV analysis and helps users decompress through its unique three-minute breathing training. It is also equipped with a sleep monitoring function close to that of professional sleep monitoring devices. HeHa Qi Health Manager has been recognized by the world's top university hospitals. It has been chosen by the Brigham and Women's Hospital of Harvard University and the Medical School of National Taiwan University as a data collection device in their clinical studies.
As of June 2016, the total distance walked by HeHa's registered users had been equivalent to 305 times of the earth circumference.
Please introduce Infinitus Property Investment (Hong Kong) Limited.
Inheriting the spirit of Constant Entrepreneurship, LKK Health Products Group established Infinitus Property Investment (Hong Kong) Limited to expand its business scope into property investment. The Property Investment division, prioritizing customer experience, pursues premium opportunities of property investment and provides professional asset management services for the Group. At present, it has four premium properties, including the Infinitus Centre in Guangzhou, the Infinitus Plaza in Hong Kong, the Infinitus Tower in Shanghai as well as the Guangzhou Infinitus Plaza, which is now under construction.
Please introduce the existing properties.
In 2009, LKKHPG purchased the 13th to 19th floors and the naming right of Infinitus Centre at the cost of about RMB 300 million. In October 2010, the opening ceremony of the Centre was held. The Centre is located at the axis of Zhujiang New Town in the CBD of Guangzhou, covering an area of 12,000 square metres. It has an excellent property management under a 5A-Intelligent System and is equipped with convenient transportation, full-fledged facilities and wonderful surroundings
In August 2010, LKKHPG bought the Vicwood Plaza with over HKD 4 billion and changed its name into “Infinitus Plaza” in December 2010. Infinitus Plaza lies on the MTR station of Sheung Wan, covering an area of 36,896 square metres. It is a Grade A office building and shopping mall with full sea view in the Central and Sheung Wan District of Hong Kong Island.
In December 2015, LKKHPG acquired the Infinitus Tower with RMB 5.7 billion through Bayline Global Limited for commercial lease. Bayline Global Limited is a joint venture between the respective subsidiaries of LKKHPG and Vanke Property (Hong Kong) Company Limited, in which LKKHPG owns 90% of the shares. Situated on Hubin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, the Property is located at the core block of the Xintiandi estate development project and intended to be built into a new landmark of Shanghai. The Property has a gross floor area (including the basement) of approximately 87,295 square metres and comprises a 24-floor Grade A office tower with 23 leasable office floors and five floors of retail space.
In May 2016, LKKHPG acquired a land parcel (AB2910019) in Baiyun New Town, Guangzhou, with RMB 2.01 billion. The parcel is acquired by open tender through its wholly-owned subsidiary Guangdong Infinitus Property Development Company Ltd. The land parcel covers approximately 45,280㎡ and boasts a total gross floor area of approximately 160,000㎡. Located in Baiyun New Town, the modern ecological commercial and cultural centre of Guangzhou, the land parcel is adjacent to Baiyun Wanda Plaza, Baiyun International Conference Center and Baiyun Greenland Centre, with mature commercial facilities and convenient transportation.